Honors and Distinctions Information
Valedictorian and Salutatorian
The two graduates with the highest cumulative grade point average (GPA) are named class valedictorian and salutatorian.
Graduation with Latin Honors
- Summa Cum Laude requires a GPA of 3.75-4.00
- Magna Cum Laude requires a GPA of 3.50-3.74
- Cum Laude requires a GPA of 3.25-3.49
Students graduating with Latin Honors wear an orange stole.
Honors Program Scholars
The Honors Program at Clinton Community College requires a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Honors Program Scholar with Merit requires a cumulative GPA of 3.25-4.00 and two honors courses
- Honors Program Scholar with Distinction requires a cumulative GPA of 3.50-4.00 and three honors courses
Honors Scholars wear a gold chord; Honors Scholars who have completed advanced program requirements wear an honors medal.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
Students who have achieved a 3.5 cumulative GPA are eligible to join the Alpha Pi Tau chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) International Honor Society of the Two Year Colleges. PTK students wear a gold tassel on their cap; PTK officers wear a blue and gold chord and gold stole with the PTK emblem.
Presidential Scholarship Program
Select high school students with a cumulative average of 90 or above in a Regents program of study are eligible for the Presidential Scholarship Program. These students earned a minimum semester GPA of 2.75 in their first semester and a minimum semester GPA of 3.25 in subsequent semesters.