Operations and COVID-19
This plan has been created based on SUNY and New York State Department of Health guidelines, which focus on ensuring health and safety of our students, visitors, faculty, and staff while sustaining the delivery of quality instruction.
CCC COVID-19 Plan for Fall 2022
All Students who are planning a presence on campus this semester:
- SUNY requires all students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with recommended booster (as soon as you are eligible to receive).
Students must submit their COVID-19 vaccination BEFORE THE START OF THE SEMESTER at SUNY Vaccination Registration site (login with your Clinton email and password) or bring/send a copy of their vaccination card to the Health or Admissions office.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to John Borner, Dean of Students, at email@example.com or 518-562-4121.
- Local pharmacies offer walk-in vaccinations
- Clinton County Health Department offers COVID-19 vaccination clinics in Plattsburgh. Call 518-565-4848 to schedule an appointment.
The following safety and testing protocols are in place:
Campus Safety Rules
- If you believe you have Covid, take a home test and if the results are positive, send a picture to the College Nurse or Dean of Students
- Contact your Health Care provider and get rest...
- Remain remote 5 days from the time of the positive test...
- Contact your faculty and advise you have Covid and are looking to keep up with class assignments.
- You may return to campus after 5 days of remaining remote.
- You are required to wear a mask for 5 days when you return to the campus in class and in the hallways.
- Faculty/staff who test positive should contact HR office.
The Clinton County Health Department is an excellent resource for questions regarding COVID-19 vaccine availability and protocol if you have been exposed to the virus.
Students are required to provide documentation of the COVID-19 vaccine to the College Health Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are mandated by SUNY to be vaccinated by Sept. 23, 2022. Students unvaccinated due to religious or medical reasons must submit the COVID-19 Religious Exemption Form or COVID-19 Medical Exemption Form to the Health Office (Moore 141M) or email@example.com.
- For questions, concerns regarding these protocols or for assistance, please contact the Campus Safety Officers at (518)593-0777 or John Borner, Dean of Student Affairs at (518) 562-4121 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All currently unvaccinated students/faculty/staff who come to campus for classes, meetings, and work are required to participate in COVID-19 Pooled Testing as scheduled. Vaccinated students/faculty/staff are required to participate in the COVID-19 testing at the beginning of the Fall semester. Please check your Clinton emails for times and locations.
Those new to pool testing must register at https://www.suny-covid-test.com and create an account (you can type the word "NONE" in the insurance and student ID fields - just be sure to bring a driver's license or college ID).
At testing, log in at www.suny-covid-test.com and present your mobile device (phone or tablet) to the greeter upon arrival each time you test. There will be laptops available to log in at the testing table.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES PRIOR TO TAKING YOUR TEST:
No teeth brushing and/or mouthwash within three (3) hours prior to test
No eating or drinking (includes chewing gum, mints or lozenges) 30 minutes prior to test
No smoking/vaping/use of smokeless tobacco products 30 minutes prior to test
SUNY, Clinton County Health Department and Clinton CC retain the discretion to pause/cancel campus activities or move to remote classes in response to increased transmission of COVID-19. Faculty, staff and students will be notified via the Clinton CC website and other communication (media) channels as conditions are identified.
We appreciate your patience!