Student Health Records FAQ

Where can I obtain my immunization record?
Contact the high school that you last attended. They may have the necessary information that can be forwarded to our office. If you are an armed service veteran, you may have received the necessary immunizations through the military and can forward a copy of the records for review. Your family doctor may also have this information.

What if I have a medical reason why I should not receive the MMR vaccinations?
Your doctor must certify in writing the specific reasons why you should not receive the vaccination and an approximate date on which you will be able to receive the vaccination.

What if I am unable to locate my immunization records?
Contact your physician and discuss with him/her the possibility of being re-immunized or having blood titers drawn.

What if I cannot afford to receive the vaccination?
You should contact your local County Public Health Office. They may offer the MMR and Meningitis vaccinations to college students for a reduced fee.

What if my religion prohibits me from receiving the immunization?
You may request an exemption by contacting the Vice President for Student Affairs Office.

What are the penalties for failure to comply?
You will be prohibited from attending classes if all information is not received in the Health Office within 30 days from the start of classes. A hold will be placed on your account not allowing you to register for future classes at CCC nor will your grades or transcripts be issued until you have complied with New York State Public Health Law.

Could I be exempt from the MMR Requirement?
Persons born prior to January 1, 1957 or who are enrolled in less than six (6) credit hours are exempt from this requirement unless the individual is in a degree program that requires this documentation (i.e. Nursing).