Applicants - LPN to RN Information
The LPN-RN Advanced Placement Option offers Champlain Valley Technical Education Center (CV-TEC) licensed practical nurses (LPNs) the opportunity to gain experiential credit for Clinton Community College's Fundamentals of Nursing (NUR103) course. The student is then able to apply for acceptance in CCC's second semester nursing courses; NUR104-Medical Surgical Nursing I and NUR105-Nursing Care of the Child-Bearing Family.
Students must achieve a "C" or better in BIO228, ENG101 and PSY101 prior to the start of the second semester.
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have graduated from CV-TEC's LPN program with a "B" or better
- Possess a valid unencumbered NYS LPN license
- Pass CCC's Dosage Calc Proficiency, Theory Exam and Skill Proficiency
- Complete the CCC Application and the LPN Advanced Placement to Nursing Application
- Meet all CCC Nursing Program admission requirements
- Meet all prospective Nursing student requirements
Please note that admission into this LPN-RN Option is on a space available basis only, after all progressing CCC students are accommodated. Students are ranked utilizing an admission rubric.